Monday 4 March 2013

Professional Context; Introduction


For our professional context brief, we are required to look at an aspect of the industry that we are particularly passionate about, a part of the industry that we wish to go in to after our degree. Our task is the research in to the area using various sources such as interviews, books, online sources etc.
Personally, the area of Fashion promotion that I wish to go in to is Art Direction, particularly in fashion magazines. I have always been interested in fashion magazines and they were my very first look in to fashion from a young age. As I grew I found that throughout my studies the aspect that I found I was most interested in was the way in which ideas were visually communicated through layouts. From the way in which I presented my work to working with blog layouts I was constantly interested in the ‘look’ of things.
From there I linked this to my love of fashion magazines and discovered the term ‘Art Director’.
Here I will look in to the role and what it entails. Moreover I’m interested in knowing how one becomes an art director; is education or experience more important in becoming an art director?

No comments:

Post a Comment